Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kickball Kings of Gravel Street

Today's game would be kickball we say
Everyone in the neighborhood come and play
I don't care who
But its me and Ted verses you
What do you mean that's not fair
Im sure you guys have beaten us ONCE, by a hair
 Uleake, mikey, chubbs, and everyone else take a chance
But we get to kick first as I belt a ball and they barely get a glance
Rounding the hubcaps uhhh I  mean bases
I laugh as I make it home looking at their faces
Ted's turn to kick and the results are the same
I guess our 12 year old power is too much for the others 90lb frame
Kick after kick we round the bases for a while
And the others accuse us of cheating as if we were on trial
All in all days growing up repeated like this
And now that we are reaching 40 Im sure those days are some we'll all miss

No comments: